Pupil Premium and Recovery Funding
& FREE SCHOOL MEALS Funding
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
Click on the link below to see how Holy Saviour RC Primary spent our allocation of Pupil Premium money and our plans for this academic year.
Could your child be eligible for Pupil Premium - Free School Meals funding?
There are a number of factors taken into account when deciding if a child may be eligible for this additional school funding from the government. If you think that your family may meet this criteria or your family circumstances may have changed, fill in the form below and return it to school or ring 01254 220747. All you need is your national insurance number to check.
- In receipt of Income Support;
- Receipt of Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400, a year (after tax and not including any benefits you receive);
- Receipt of Child Tax Credit (not entitled to Working Tax Credit and total income does not exceed £16,190)
- Receipt of Guarantee element of State Pension Credit or Support under Immigration and Asylum Act VI;
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ - payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work.
If you meet any of these criteria we do urge you to register. All you need to do is complete the simple online form here