Holy Saviour Roman Catholic Primary School, Nelson

Holland Place, Nelson, Lancashire BB9 8HD




Pupil Premium Funding

The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.

It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. 

Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However we are held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families.


Click on the link below to see how Holy Saviour spent our allocation of Pupil Premium money in 2016-17 and our plans for this academic year.


Pupil Premium Strategy Statement September 2017


Could your child be eligible for Pupil Premium funding?


There are a number of factors taken into account when deciding if a child may be eligible for this additional school funding from the government.  If you think that your family may meet this criteria or your family circumstances may have changed, fill in the form below and return to school or ring 01254 220710.  All you need is your national insurance number to check.



1. Income Support

2. Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance

3. Income Related ESA (Employment and Support Allowance)

4. Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit

5. Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

6. Child Tax Credit and with an annual income of less than £16,190 and not receiving Working Tax Credit.

7. Working Tax Credit 'run on' – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit


If you meet any of these criteria we do urge you to register. All you need to do is complete the simple form below and send it to school or the education office which covers your area on the form.  


Pupil Premium form